Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dancing Laundry and My Fickle Muse

When I began this blog, I had an idea for an offbeat story, another unpublished tale I believed in, a couple of new acquaintances I wished to introduce my vast readership to, and a folder full of quaint and curious pictures from the Near Eastern Kentucky backwoods. Well, you've seen all that, folks.

Today I'm winding up a mammoth remodeling project, recovering from a serious (and curious) back injury, increasing the hours I spend teaching my daughter in keeping with her maturation, learning to play the clarinet... and woefully neglecting this space. I beg your pardon, readers.

Spring is a joyous time of renewed commitments. Let us begin with a photograph. I snuck up from the bottoms and caught my laundry in a celebration of the season, dancing in the wind.



Honest, I didn't stage this. I found them that way.

What, you ask, is on my clarinet playlist? An eclectic blend of gospel, pop, hymns and--oddly enough, given that I rarely listen to this genre--a heaping helping of country music: "Amazing Grace", "A Lover's Concerto", "For the Good Times", "The Old Rugged Cross", and "Mansion on the Hill". That's right, the Old Man's "Mansion on the Hill". Now, the next time I run across a Hank Williams cover band who's looking for a clarinet player, I'll have an inside track.

Until next time, folks.

1 comment: